Maryland State Youth Soccer Association
221 5th Avenue SE
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Associations who wish to serve as the host for an MSYSA Educational Course must do the following:
1.Select a site
2.The following items are required for the site location:
- Outdoor field with goals. If possible an indoor playing area to be used in case of bad weather.
- Classroom area with blackboard or white board, and a projection screen or area to project imagines.
3.Select a site coordinator from your club for the course. The site coordinators responsibilities are listed below.*
4.Choose two possible dates for the course you would like to host. List your preferred date first followed by your alternative date. (Sample schedule is listed under course description.)
5.Complete the online application and submit it for consideration. The Director will notify you if your application is accepted.
Some sites may require a facilities fee to use the location. If there is a facility fee it will be posted as a separate cost when the course is posted on the MSYSA website. The site coordinator will be responsible for collecting the facility fee from the candidates. (NO facility fee will be added once the course is posted. MSYSA is NOT responsible for any uncollected facility fee.)
1. Site coordinator will be the contact person for the course.
2. The site coordinator will receive the course materials by mail the week of the course.
3. The site coordinator is responsible for opening and closing the facility for the course daily.
4. The site coordinator will take attendance for the course. MSYSA will provide the coordinator with an attendance sheet for the course. Only candidates who are on the attendance sheet should be accepted into the course.
5. The site coordinator may attend the course at no charge, but they will not count as a candidate to reach the minimum number of candidates to hold the course.
Maryland Youth Soccer Association Responsibilities:
1. MSYSA State Director of Coaching and Player Development will assign the instructor(s).
2. MSYSA will post the course on the state’s website and promote the course. If the course enrollment is not met one week prior to start date of the course, the course will be canceled.
3. Certification and or licenses will be given only to those candidates who attend the entire course and successfully complete the course requirements. Licenses will be mailed to the candidates within three weeks after the course is finished.
Make Sure Your Computer & Browser Meet The Following Requirements!